In the 9th century the Old Latin texts of Baruch and the Letter of Jeremiah were introduced  into the Vulgate in versions revised by Theodulf of Orleans and are found in a minority of early medieval Vulgate pandect bibles from that date onwards.  After 1300, when the booksellers of Paris began to produce commercial single volume Vulgate bibles in large numbers, these commonly included both Baruch and the Letter of Jeremiah as the Book of Baruch . Also beginning in the 9th century, Vulgate manuscripts are found that split Ezra and the Nehemiah into separate books called 1 Ezra and 2 Ezra. Bogaert argues that this practice arose from an intention to conform the Vulgate text to the authoritative canon lists of the 5th/6th century, where 'two books of Ezra' were commonly cited.  Again this split becomes standard in the Paris Bibles; and as these bibles commonly also included one or both of the two books of Esdras : Greek Esdras and Latin Esdras; these became retitled as 3 Ezra and 4 Ezra respectively.